Old Testament, Money Wise from Hill, Craig. Five Wealth Secrets 96% of Us Don’t Know

1.      The 4% segregate their money into several distinct categories of use (jars) and intentionally prioritize their usage.

  1. The 4% focus their life on fulfilling a calling and vision
  2.       The 4% invest their resources only in things that multiply. They also invest their time and energy in people who multiply.

4.      The 4% understand that the economy flows in cycles, and therefore they anticipate and prepare for each new phase in the cycle.

5.      The 4% prepare for and leave an inheritance for at least two subsequent generations. Below is a chart contrasting the thinking and practice of the 4% as opposed to the 96%.

USE JARS Let’s look at the first secret the 4% understand and regularly practice. This has to do with how money is stored and used. The 4% and the 96% use money entirely differently. The 96% focus on what they earn, while the 4% focus on how they use what they earn. If you ask the 96%

what their financial problem is, they will usually tell you that they don’t make enough money, and their necessary expenses are too high. They will say, “The boss doesn’t pay me what I’m worth. The landlord charges too much rent for the house. The price of gasoline is way too high, and the government takes way too much in taxes.” The 4% will simply tell you “I’m working on building my cash flow, and my plan is in process.” The 96% believe that rich or poor is defined by how much money someone receives. They think the rich are defined as people who make a lot of money each month, or have a lot of available resources. The poor are defined by the 96% as people who don’t make much money each month and have very little available resources. On the other hand, the 4% define the rich as people who voluntarily limit their spending and choose to invest in things that multiply. The poor are defined by the 4% as people who spend 100% or more of all the money they make each month. Thus, while the 96% define rich or poor by the quantity of their income, the 4% define rich or poor by the usage of their income. To the 4%, it doesn’t matter how much the income is because they know how to multiply the allocated percentage of any amount of available income. So, as an example the 96% thinker who makes $4,000 per month will take on monthly expenses of $4,000 (or a little more) and will constantly be pressured to make ends meet, desperately working overtime and looking for a second job to increase his income to $5,000 per month.

The 4% thinker who makes only $2,000 per month will limit his monthly expenses to $1,400 per month and will invest $300 per month in a vision or assets that multiply. Within a few years, the $300 per month of the 4% thinker will have multiplied to $30,000 per month, while the 96% thinker may have increased his income to $5,000 per month, but will likewise have increased his monthly expenses to $5,000 per month or more, and will still be under the same financial pressure as before.

Hill, Craig. Five Wealth Secrets 96% of Us Don’t Know . Family Foundations International. Kindle Edition.

Leave a Reply